Friday, May 29, 2009

Getting Stuck

I am thankful that in the past few years the Lord has taught me alot. These past few months I've been digging in the Word and reading about pruning , abiding , sin and how these have a huge affect on me bearing fruit in Christ.

Several years ago the Lord used a situation in my life to really catapult me into what felt like the miry clay. He allowed me to sink just deep enough to realize I couldn't get myself out on my own. I had to spend some time seriously looking at myself rather than others. Accepting my part and taking the steps to make things right. How or what other do is in His hands. I am only responsible for myself and my actions. I realized that I was unaware how my words were being received. - Words take on a life of their own even if you think you are communicating clearly... sometimes, words shouldn't be spoken. A lesson I have learned.

This past month the lord has shown me how what I use to think were seasons in my life really were.... the problem was I only ever recognized 2 seasons... I only ever saw them as Summer or Spring.... I was totally missing the boat.

In my study of the vine.. I am realizing that there are times when sin causes me to become withered and fruitless... until I confess and make things right - I won't reach my full potential.


No comments: