Thursday, October 30, 2008

Walking as Wise men


"Therefore, be careful how you walk not as unwise men but as wise"
Ephesians 5:15


Since moving to Washington, Dwayne and I have had a hard time sleeping. Well, we sleep but it seems we are up before 3am every day. It's been this way since our arrival. As fatigue began to set in we kept asking the question "why". It's been hard to figure out. Usually if the Lord wakes us up we know He's prodding us to pray for someone or something. There were times we prayed but really neither one of us really felt that was the cause of us waking up. After a full month we finally feel we know why.

It's becoming apparent to us the road Father has called us to walk. It's not one that we haven't walked before but it has been a long while since we have walked this road. Have you ever hiked before? If so, maybe you can identify with us. When you hike you sometimes hit different terrain. If you aren't use to hiking on gravel you will soon start feeling the pain in your feet. If you have your feet become calloused and don't hurt so much.

We feel we have hit a new kind of road. It's been a bit bumpy and we have some blisters and now the Lord is beginning to shed some light on how we ought to train in order to be victorious. It doesn't however, mean that we don't have alot more training to do. But this is the lesson for this week. And might I add our morning still come very early however, rest is finally coming in those few hours we do get! Thank you Lord!

In short: I was prodded to go back to studying the word based on impressions from what I felt the H.S. was trying to teach me. Being Careful in my walk. So I began studying scripture that dealt with this. As I was studying this Dwayne was doing another study which led him to Ps. 119. As we shared what the Lord was teaching us in our study time at the start of the week on Sunday, we began to see how Father was teaching us both the same thing but in different ways. How cool is that! :) It was confirmation to us that we were on the right path and that Father was doing something exciting.

Don't you just love how when we seek the Lord for wisdom He answers.....




2 comments:

Gratitude Gal said...

Hi, Mel. My name is Cheryl and I came across your blog. I, too, am walking a new path in my life, looking for new work, and struggling to 'hear' the direction God is leading me. I thought I would invite you to follow my blog as I follow yours and perhaps we can encourage and pray for each other. Happy Thankful Thursday.

the voice of melody said...

Yes, the Lord pours out His wisdom on us, all of us who seek Him. It's not always easy to know when it's the Lord showing us something He wants us to do or say, but I love how you and your husband both felt He was speaking to you regarding the same thing. Very inspiring post!

Many sweet blessings!