Friday, April 17, 2009

Moving on...


I think pictures have the power to evoke emotions and bring to mind stories from our past or dreams of where we hope to go. Our daughter is getting married in less than one month. This is one of their engagement pictures. When I saw it I thought of several things.

Two things caught my attention right off the bat. First was how Kayla and Nick are on different tracks but yet still heading in the same direction. How true it is that sometimes those we walk along with are heading in the same directions but we may be on different tracks. If we are fortunate enough to have people in our life that we can speak frankly with, talk openly with, and share all our thoughts and feelings with we are blessed. The second thing that caught my eye was how Kayla and Nick are holding hands. It's so true with life that as we walk along our own track it's so much easier when someone else walks with us. It's especially hard to do that for long by yourself.

I am so thankful for all the people in my life who have held my hand along the way and have walked through life with me. Even those who chose not to have anything to do with me now. We once walked and held hands, helping one another along life's journey.

I'm grateful for you all....

Especially my family ~ My beloved!






1 comment:

Gratitude Gal said...

What a wonderful blessing! Our son was just married and the wedding was beautiful and full of people who love them.
It really does put you in a strange "thinking" place though...
Cheryl
Check in with me....