Friday, October 18, 2013

In the Desert Places





Psalms 78


"That they should put their confidence in God
And not forget the works of God,
But keep His commandments,
And not be like their fathers,
A stubborn and rebellious generation,
A generation that did not prepare its heart 
And who's spirit was not faithful to God." vs. 7-8

Over the years I've often said, "I sure feel like I am in the desert" when it come to my walk with the Lord.  As I think about those words and what they communicate it's just not a place I enjoy.

The desert is lonely, dry, and while there is growth for living things there it is slow and measured. If you have found yourself in the desert place and feel alone, dry and like there is little growth. Take courage and put your confidence in the Lord your God. Keep a daily reminder of His faithfulness and hold tight to His Word and His Commandments. Trust in His faithfulness to continue to provide even when He feels far away- Remember though He is not far from you!

Psalms 91:1-2
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High 
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!"

Today ~ renew your strength in His Word and trust in His Ways. Recount His faithfulness and dig deep into His promises..... Enjoy the desert place and know that even there He is with you! 


No comments: